The MZ ChurchFIT Challenge begins at the kick-off launch! This year the launch will take place over two days. Part 1 will be the exciting workout block party at the Antioch location on Saturday, January 26th and Part 2 will take place at all services Sunday, January 27th (including Saturday Live at 5 service).
Each month we will host a NEW Challenge – starting in February and ending in November 2019. Each month will represent a new opportunity to reach your goals while at the same time win an awesome prize. We do this so that everyone has an equal opportunity to win!
Registration is online only and will be available all year around. Participants will also be allowed to register on site at the launch via computer, but remember you will have to stand in line to do so, so we STRONGLY advise you pre-register before the launch.
This program is completely FREE, but you must complete the online registration to participate in any ChurchFIT classes, programs, or seminars.
You must be at least 12-years-old to participate in the ChurchFIT Challenge and to enter the adult workout areas. Childcare will be provided.
No, absolutely NOT. This program was created to help people of all levels establish health lifestyle changes in order to reach their own personal health goals.
Although we are not having team challenges this year and every challenge will be based on individual effort, we strongly recommend you find at least one accountability partner. Research has shown that those who workout with a partner or show/tell others what their personal goals are, are more likely to reach them.
There are two ways you can register:
- Returning Participants: If you participated in MZ ChurchFIT 2018, you will receive an email with your SAME ChurchFIT Membership # from the previous year and a private link to your own personal registration page. Follow the link and the instructions provided. You will see that you will have the same membership # from the previous year and you will need to fill out and update the registration form and electronically sign a new waiver for this year. It is important that you use the link sent to you to register, as this will connect all of your past information to your current information so that you can see your progress over the years.
2. New Participants: You can register online by going to mtzionnashville.org and clicking on the ChurchFIT icon, which will take you to the ChurchFIT registration pages.
Once you receive your barcode via email. from your device, please highlight the barcode image and click “save”. You will use this barcode to scan in for ChurchFIT classes throughout the year. Please note that in order for your barcode/number to become active, you must register for ChurchFIT 2018.
If you did not participate in ChurchFIT 2018, you will need to register as a NEW Participant (see above). We are only able to link your data from 2018 to your new 2019 ChurchFIT registration. .
We offer a variety of classes almost everyday of the week at both our Antioch and OHB locations. Stay tuned for classes at our Jefferson Street Location in the near future. Please follow this link to see the most up to date class schedule: 2019 Schedule Coming Soon!
Weigh-ins are the fourth weekend of each month; Saturdays (during the time of the workout class at BOTH locations) & Sundays (before & after services at BOTH locations). All you need to bring is your barcode on your smart device – it will be scanned prior to your weigh in. See the weigh-in dates for our 2019 Challenge below:
- Saturday, February 23rd and Sunday, February 24th
- Saturday, March 23rd and Sunday, March 24th
- Saturday, April 27th and Sunday, April 28th
- Saturday, May 25th and Sunday, May 26th
- Saturday, June 22nd and Sunday, June 23rd
- Saturday, July 27th and Sunday, July 28th
- Saturday, August 24th and Sunday, August 25th
- Saturday, September 28th and Sunday, September 29th
- Saturday, October 26th and Sunday, October 27th
- Saturday, November 23rd and Sunday, November 24th
Yes, to qualify for grand prizes, participants must weigh in a minimum of FOUR TIMES. However, to qualify for the monthly competition prizes, there is not a minimum number of weigh-ins.
ChurchFIT 2019 will host monthly challenge competitions. Each month we will host a NEW Challenge – starting in February and ending in November 2019. Each month will represent a new opportunity to reach your goals while at the same time win an awesome prize. We do this so that everyone has an equal opportunity to win! Challenge information will be included in the monthly newsletter.
Each participant is asked to bring their membership barcode on your smart device, to each class and/or event. Your barcode will be scanned at the door to ensure you are given credit for attending.
No, you are not REQUIRED to attend the classes. However, if you are participating in the ChurchFIT Challenge, please note that to qualify for the monthly prizes you do need to attend classes. Attendance will count heavily when calculating prize winners. Even if you are not participating in the Challenge, please note that because the goal of the MZ ChurchFIT program is not to just lose weight, but rather to develop and maintain healthy lifestyle habits and behaviors, you are strongly encouraged to attend the classes in order to maximize the benefit of the program.